Regional Housing Needs Allocation Element Cycles
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 6th Housing Element Cycle
AMBAG will be overseeing the 6th cycle RHNA, which covers the planning period from 2023-2031. The anticipated schedule is as follows:
- Early 2021: Begin RHNA discussions and methodology development
- August 2021: HCD provides Regional Housing Need Determination to AMBAG and SBtCOG
- January 2022: AMBAG selects a preferred draft methodology
- April 2022: AMBAG approves the final RHNA methodology and releases the draft RHNA Plan with the local jurisdictions allocations
- Fall 2022: Final RHNA Plan approved
- December 2023: Local Jurisdiction’s Housing Elements Due
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 5th Housing Element Cycle: 2014 - 2023:
The RHNA Plan was approved and adopted by the AMBAG Board of Directors at its June 11, 2014 meeting.
Regional Housing Needs Allocation 4th Housing Element Cycle: 2007 - 2014:
The RHNA Plan was approved and adopted by the AMBAG Board of Directors at its June 11, 2008 meeting.